Want to see what’s in our closet? Yes, we even have a skeleton!Volunteer hours are Tuesdays, through Saturdays between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. Various projects arise throughout the year that we need your help with. All training is provided. Please contact us to see what we are working on and what we need your help with. Below are some of the basic areas for volunteering.
Contact the History Center at 319-362-1501 x16 for more information about current projects.
We currently are looking for volunteer tour guides and fill-in front desk receptionists. For further information or to apply to become a volunteer, stop at the front desk and fill out a Volunteer Application form or email email@example.com.
Interested in history? Looking for a volunteer opportunity?The Carl and Mary Koehler History Center has a place for you. The History Center is run mostly by volunteers from every generation and all walks of life. Hours are flexible and training is always provided. All volunteers have free admission to the exhibit gallery and instant gratification from knowing that they have helped others preserve and interpret the history of the area.
Volunteer opportunities are available in the following areas:
- Gallery guides— lead youth and adult groups through exhibit galleries.
- Library / Archives—assist in researching Linn County History.
- Collections—work with more than 40,000 artifacts in the collection.
- Front desk— Welcome guests and help them become acquainted with what we have to offer.
- Clerical—assist with mailings and database management.
- Special Projects/Special Events - vary by season and need.